Monday, March 29, 2010

Lost Boys Collage

Think Creatively
I incorporated many creative elements to make my collage eye catching and symbolic. I first burnt my poster paper to symbolize the hardship the Sudanese have been through. I also tried to create a format that showed the Sudanese journey from their tribes all the way to the United States. This matched up with my 6 word poem to give the viewer a better understanding of the plight that the Sudanese Refuges have experienced or experiencing now.

Reason Critically
I highlighted my understanding through text and pictures in a few ways. One way was by using trying to symbolizing their journey in order using pictures to guide your way. I also tried to highlight the main pictures and ideas by using one or two words that would summarize what i was trying to send to the viewer. For example there is a picture of many child refugees standing praying and scared, and on top of it I wrote hope to symbolize what they might be thinking.

Communicate Effectively
I tried to create awareness of the Lost Boy's plight in many ways. I used pictures as a way to give a visual perspective to their lives. Even though each picture had a different meaning they all lead to the main idea which is to show the Lost Boy's struggle everywhere they went. I also used words to create awareness. I used the words to represent their emotions when they were experiencing what I was trying to describe. This allows the viewer to understand what was going a bit better in each picture.

Live Ethically
My main goal in this project was trying to inform the viewer about Sudan and create empathy towards the Sudanese people. After learning so much about Sudan and what many of the Lost Boys have experienced I really wanted to demonstrate what I had learned. I tried to evoke an emotional response by showing the true side of Sudan. What has really happened to the Refugees and the real story that i have learned through this unit. I tried to show some depressing pictures to promote how much the Sudanese have been through. Once the viewer reads my poster, I hope it would inspire them to help and donates and help these poor people of Sudan.

No comments:

Post a Comment